Simple Summer Curb Appeal Boosting Tips
If you missed the opportunity to do your “spring cleaning” or spruce up the exterior of your home or landscaping, it’s not too late! Summer is here and with regard to the real estate market, many prospective buyers are actively on the hunt for a new home to settle into before the busyness of kids being back in school and the hustle and bustle of getting ready for the holiday season.
Most potential home buyers drive by areas of interest before officially beginning their search, therefore you want your home to make the best first impression possible if it’s currently listed or if you are considering listing in the near future. Having great curb appeal may suggest to buyers that the inside of your home is also well maintained, therefore piquing their curiosity to see more while also helping yours stand above nearby competing homes.
Easy ways to give your house a quick facelift are:
- Trim trees and shrubs; these should accent and enhance your home, not hide it!
- Add a pop of color by planting new flowering plants and filling in beds with fresh dirt and mulch.
- Consider touching up paint on house, shutters, and mailbox to give them a fresh, clean, and updated appearance.
- It’s also a good time to clear out gutters and any fallen debris from trees off of the roof before the height of hurricane season.
- Pressure wash sidewalks, driveways, and any other parts of the house that need sprucing up.
These few suggestions will have a major positive impact on the appearance of your home that will give it that extra wow factor it needs to stand above the rest!
Leave a Reply